Internship Program & Opportunities
Internship Program & Opportunities
HAMILTON TIGER-CATS & FORGE FC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The purpose of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC Internship Program is to educate participants in the areas of operation of a professional sports organization, to prepare interns for entering the career marketplace and to expand future employment and educational opportunities.
- The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC Internship Program will offer the following career benefits and opportunities to each individual who participates in the program:
- Learn how a professional sport organization successfully operates by working in multiple areas of the business with knowledgeable sport industry professionals
- Gain confidence in essential workplace related skills by completing tasks that involve time management, communication, and teamwork skills
- Apply knowledge gained from post-secondary education and previous experiences to develop new programs and initiatives that have a direct impact on the success of the organization and its teams
- Learn how to work under pressure in a game day environment and execute key programs for the organization
- Throughout the season, work with other interns on a major project and discover how to work in a group setting while accomplishing your individual and group’s goals
- Build a professional network by working with experienced sport industry specialists from inside and outside of the organization
- Meet with an assigned director from the organization once a month and discuss and review career objectives
- Attend group discussions and share challenges and success stories with fellow interns
- Enhance resume for future employment opportunities and/ or for potential graduate school applications
- Use experience to learn about yourself, evaluate career objectives, and set new career and personal goals
- Receive and utilize professional tools such as a welcome package, business cards, and LinkedIn headshot
Locations: 500 Sherman Avenue North (main business office) and 64 Melrose Avenue North (Tim Hortons Field) – Hamilton, Ontario
Internship Duration: Internships are available for both a four month and a seven-month terms between May 2nd and December 2nd.
Hourly Commitment: Regular business hours + All 2022 Hamilton Tiger-Cats home games (not including Forge FC specific positions). In addition to this, depending on the internship role there will be opportunities to work Forge FC home games and other special events at Tim Hortons Field.
Payment: $300 per month stipend and an honorarium paid on completion of the term.
Game day Hours: $80 for each Tiger-Cats game worked and $65 for each Forge FC game
Other Opportunities: In the event that you are not assigned to a Tiger-Cats or Forge FC game day position, you will have the opportunity to work on the Customer Assistance Team or Stadium Operations Team for each event and receive payment of $15.50 an hour.
Applicants for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC Internship Program must be enrolled in a degree/diploma program and receive course credit upon completion of this internship. Ideal candidates must be hard-working, dedicated, self-motivated individuals who possess exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, and have a passion for sport.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates must email their résumé and cover letter to the email address listed in the specific intern job description. Intern job descriptions can be viewed on the following pages.
- Email subject should read: “2023 (name of internship position) Application”
- Please indicate in your application email where you saw this internship posting advertised (i.e. Hamilton Tiger-Cats website, indeed, SIRC, university/ college job board, etc.).
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC value diversity and inclusion of all candidates and will provide accommodations if needed. If you have any specific accommodations, please outline this in your application email.
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC thank you for your interest in joining our organization for the upcoming seasons.